Friday, October 30, 2009

What do I do?

Letters on a keyboard.
Words on a page
Desires of the heart
Thoughts in the mind
A drive
A need
A wanting
A longing
To write or not to write?
Would anyone read?
Or care for all that matter?
Would I feel accomplished?
Maybe released?

Ideas dance in my head. Notes scribbled on pieces of paper. Hours of research and investigations that drive me even more. For what?
What is better, to write a monologue, story or play and have no one ever see it, or to just think about it and never write it down?
I have a journal of things God has taught me through everyday happenings over the years and thanks to my daughter, it now has a copyright. But for what? Do I dare share with others?
What about the monologues of Hymn writers or the almost finished play "Tug of War" (The Plea of Heaven and the Pull of Hell)?

Am I wasting time writting, or wasting time on other things when I should be writting?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What did you decide (regarding that last question)? This is something I struggle with all the time myself! I think there is no one answer. If there ever was an excuse for "situation ethics", maybe this is it.
At least, that's what I tell myself.