Saturday, August 30, 2008

A different prespective

They say “The grass is always greener on the other side”. The other side of what? The fence? The other side of the grass? The other side of grass is dirt and roots and bugs. The other side of the fence is probably grass envy.
This summer, I had a opportunity to really look at one of my favorite flowers…though some would call it a weed, but I really took time to look at Queen Anne’s Lacy. I’d seen it from a distance as it danced in breeze and I seen it grace the roadside or an open field, but I never took the time to really look at it.









Queen Anne’s Lacy is just that, God’s lace. If you turn it upside down it looks like the inside of an umbrella this it’s green ribs. The flowers themselves are very intricate. It’s not just a flower, but several tiny little flowers that make up the one.



I was amazed by it’s beauty and it’s delicacy. I was stunned by it’s intricacy. In this vast universe, God in all His Glory, created this extraordinary flower. If He took the time to put all of this into what we deem a “simple weed”, then think about all He took time to put into each of us. We are His workmanship, uniquely and wonderfully made.


I sat in amazement and awe as I studied this flower. I held it gently in my hand as I examined it. It made me wonder, how much more of God’s creation had I taken for granted?

“Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.(Matt.6:28-29)

So, take time, not just to smell the roses, but stop and take time to really enjoy the beauty of God’s creation.

1 comment:

Life with Linda said...

I have always loved Queen Anne's Lace....God sure knows how to decorate the roadside!