Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mom...can you make this?????

A little before Christmas, my daughter Irene sent me a e-mail with an attachment of this pretty red sweater. Irene had a request. Mom, can you make this? My family and friends know that I knit and I love a challenge. I also knew I could do it, but not in time for Christmas, maybe Easter.
I had remembered seeing this knitting pattern, which is similar to what Irene wanted, in a Lion Brand knitting catalog. It was easy enough to download and print out. Off to Joann's for the yarn and yes it was on sale! I set out to accomplish my goal and worked on it as often as possible. Mind you, I had projects in between.

I completed the sweater today. I have no idea how many hours it took. After all, when it's made with love, who cares how long it takes.


So, what do you think? No, I am not taking any requests at this time as I have other things on my plate. Irene, if you're reading this, you'll have it for Easter as promised. With the weather being the way it's been, you just might need it.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a beauty. I wish my skills were up to that level. My sister, Dagny, has that skill. Hope you had a great Easter.

Irene said...

Okay, this comment is way tooo late in coming, but thanks so much for the sweater. I didn't actually get to wear it for Easter - it was 70 that day :-) But I have been able to wear it since then.

By the way, I might have another "Mom, can you make this?" coming to you soon.