Monday, December 15, 2008

It finallly came!


The one thing I've been waiting for finally came today @9:08 pm.

It didn't come as"Unavaliable". It didn't come as"Restricted". It came "Eric's Cell". That could only mean one thing....he was finally stateside. The count down has almost reached it's end. There is light at the end of the tunnel! In a few days, I will throw my arms around the neck of my 6ft son and probably cry.

Up until this time, I have not thought of where Eric was or what he was doing. I would not allow my mind to wander. You see, when we got the call that Eric would be going to Iraq, I wrapped my arms around his neck and we just held each other. I prayed and at that moment, I placed him in God's hands. From that moment, I've been at peace. There has never been room for "What if". It strange though, since I knew they were getting ready to come home, the reality of it has been just a little overwhelming.

So, to all of you who prayed for him, Thank You! For all who wrote, or sent a package or took a phone call at odd hours, Thank You! Let us remember, that there are many more mothers and wives, for that matter, who are waiting for the call that lets them know their loved one is stateside. Let us continue to pray for them.


No comments: