Monday, September 15, 2008

Somewhere in Time
















Photographs by Lisabeth Conger




Somewhere in time, that's were we were September 6th. I had invited family & friends to join me in Greenfield Village for the Antique Car Show, but there were rules.


Rules you say....


1. Wear period clothing
2. Participate in choir practice
3. Ride the Merry-go-round
4. East frozen custard.


Simple enough rules don't you think? I let them know that if they don't want to be followed or photographed, not to come because it will happen.


And what's with choir practice....in a public place yet.....? Well, you see, I wanted a way to be a witness and decided that people will stop and listen to singing, so we sing Blessed Assurance, How Great Thou Art & Amazing Grace.


What do you think of the attached photos? I had so many to choose from that it was easy to make a choice. Thank you Lisabeth for helping capture a moment in time for us. Your work is breath taking.


I'd also like to thank those who went with me. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I know some of you expressed a desire to go back next year. It's something I haven't done in 3 years and I'm glad I went back.
































No comments: